I think I'm off to a good start, but I'm still thinking about some things.
* The universe is only comprised of matter/energy (elemental particles) and space/time (void).
* Elemental particles combine to form compounds which make up the different substances found in the universe, to include the building
blocks of life.
* Elemental particles act in accordance to natural laws that govern them.
* Nothing can come from nothing. We do not observe things popping into existence.
* Nothing can be destroyed to nothing (Law of Conservation of Energy).
* Higher beings who are deathless likely exist in the universe, but are not supernatural.
They are not aware of humans and would not care about us if they were aware.
* Our world isn't the only one with life on it. (Doctrine of innumerable worlds)
* The "soul" is not a separate entity from our body. It formed with the body and did not exist before birth, and
perishes with the body when we die. I view it as our perceived individual consciousness.
* Free will.
* The universe is infinite. There is no observable boundry and the universe is continuing to expand.
* The universe is eternal. It didn't just pop into existence (Nothing comes from nothing, no creator).
* The five senses.
* Nature provides us with the faculty of pleasure (beneficial actions) and pain (detrimental actions). Both mental and physical.
3. Ethics/How to live
* Pleasure is the telos of life.
* Natural and necessary desires, which result in pain when not fulfilled, must be satisfied. These desires are simple
foods, water, shelter, clothing, friendship, security, exercise, etc.
* Arrange your life so that the necessary desires can be acquired with little trouble and expense.
* Natural and unnecessary desires, that do not result in pain if not fulfilled must be moderated. These desires are exotic
food and drink, sex, marriage, children, hobbies etc.
* Unnatural and unnecessary desires which are not limited by nature must be avoided. These things are status, extreme wealth,
* Not all pleasures are to be pursued and not all pains are to be avoided.
* Live unknown.
* Avoid politics.