The Oplontis Project

• Oh no I wish I were -- I think that the term for me sometimes is LARPer if you know what that means. I live in the Southeast USA and I can only dream of getting to Italy or Greece some day in the future.

• 1 - My main LARP is my avatar -- that is from the movie "The Last Legion" ;-) One day I am going to have to buy a Roman helmet like that! My real life is excruciatingly boring in comparison. Anyone like to read some insurance policies with me? But it pays the bills and allows me the time to pursue Epicurean philosophy. ;-)

2 - YES I have been to the Parthenon in Nashville and it is great! I highly recommend it. I've actually been twice, once about 20+ years ago, and once about three years ago. It is impressive from the outside, and even more impressive inside. That statue of Athena(?) inside is really impressive! If the building is a full scale model of the real thing, the real thing must have been hugely impressive up on top of that hill in Athens.

On the second trip three years ago there was a lot of construction going on around it, which I presume is now complete. It no doubt looks best without those chain link fences around it.

On the second trip three years ago there was a lot of construction going on around it, which I presume is now complete. It no doubt looks best without those chain link fences around it.

That's funny; that was my EXACT experience at the Parthenon in Athens! Scaffolding, fencing, etc. for restoration work. Ongoing for decades.

I'll get to Nashville eventually. I drove through every so often, but getting out of the truck to see the sights is easier in some cities than others!