What Practical Advice Can You Give To Someone Who Wants To Implement Epicurean Principles As Quickly As Possible?

• Don't fear God(s)

Don't worry about death

What's good is easy to get

What's bad is easy to endure

Some points I tell friends who ask me to prescribe sort of Epicurean life-style:

• enjoy your life through meaningful relationships
    • whenever possible, stay clear of politics
    • observe nature and look within to understand your own

a more personal and experiential elaboration on the last point;

I use science to understand the external world, I use art to understand the internal world.

They aren't mutually exclusive and can of course also investigate the other side, however, I grew up mostly a scientific/naturalist child and only later in my adolescence would appreciate art.

A link for anyone in need of a new friend, I'd make a compelling case he's just as good a friend to humanity as Epicurus, but you can save me the time by just seeing for yourself; enter Bob Ross!

Joy to the World!

• Cassius

Changed the title of the thread from “What Practical Advice Can You Give To Someone Who Wants To Implement Epicurean Principles In Their Lives As Quickly As Possible?” to “What Practical Advice Can You Give To Someone Who Wants To Implement Epicurean Principles As Quickly As Possible?”.
  • Very Helpful.

In trying to live unknown, I am minimizing my time at Social media sites, and I have unplugged from politics. I have discovered I find much pleasure in eating a simple apple, and smelling the fresh air. I also find much joy in animals. Even my marriage has become a pleasure. I hope to continue to learn more from this.