Romantic Materialism, Materialist Romanticism

• I was searching in the forum for threads regarding romanticism but didn't find much. At the time of this post there were only 3 entries that addressed romanticism but none directly. Of these, by the way, the one about German Idealism I found particularly interesting:

Returning to topic, What are your thoughts, as an Epicurean, on Romanticism?

By the way, searching on the internet about this I found this book "Sweet Science" which, as the name would suggest, focuses partially on Lucretius DRN.

Sweet Science
    Today we do not expect poems to carry scientifically valid information. But it was not always so. In Sweet Science, Amanda Jo Goldstein returns to the…
    press.uchicago.edu

Also, do you think Romanticism usually deals with, and has as a motivation for, what could, for a person, be "ideal", i.e. "ideal" world, "ideal" x? If so... what's the difference between romanticism and idealism?

Would you think that Epicurean Philosophy is somewhat romantic in that it adds the element of pleasure (particularly mental) to its materialism (thus making it about personal experience, self consciousness and inner understanding)?

EDIT: Sorry about the font size, I'm in my cell phone and don't know what happened.

• Camotero even though this might be obvious, I think it would help the discussion if you would give a definition for romanticism, either in your own words as you have it in your mind, or in the form of a link to a definition.

• Well I guess it's not obvious at all as I'm struggling to give a definition. I'm trying to find an answer in etymological and historical definitions:

"Appealing deeeply to the imagination"

"Invoking a powerfully sentimental idea of life"

"Emphasizing of emotion and of a glorification of nature"

"Relating to quests"

"Implying An obsession or attachment to something"

"Seeking what's aesthetically pleasing"

"Providing Aesthetic experience based on emotion"

"Reactionary to the rationalization of nature"

In an artistic context: "The nature of Romanticism may be approached from the primary importance of the free expression of the feelings of the artist."