This is to start planning a special podcast episode devoted to the topic: Epicurus Against the Platonists and Aristotelians.
Please post ideas for organization and topics to cover initial thoughts are:
- Introduction of panelists
- Identify that Plato and Aristotle had some differences but were basically the same on most issues of relevance to this discussion.
- Basic issues on which Platonists / Aristotelians and Epicureans disagree
- Physics / Nature of the Universe
- Examples where these arguments are featured:
- Frances Wright A Few Days in Athens, especially as to comments on Aristotle
- The statements of Thomas Jefferson condemning Plato
- Statements of Frederich Nietzsche (?)
- Summary and conclusions
- Eclecticism / combination of the two is not the answer
Resources / references to use for the episode: