Welcome to EpicureanDocs.com
Stranger, here you will do well to tarry - here our highest good is pleasure!
- About this Website
- A Narrative Presentation of Epicurean Philosophy
- 'What Is The Difference Between Epicurean Philosophy and Stoicism?'
- Companion Site: The EpicureanFriends Wiki
Key Epicurean Texts:
- The Life of Epicurus - The Biography by Diogenes Laertius
- The Letter to Herodotus - Epicurus on the Nature of the Universe.
- The Letter to Pythocles - Epicurus on the Heavens.
- The Letter to Menoeceus - Epicurus on Living
- The Elementary Principles of Nature - A List of Key Epicurean Observations About Nature
- The Principal Doctrines - A List of Key Epicurean Doctrines About Ethics
- The "Vatican List" of Sayings - Other Collected Epicurean Sayings
- Torquatus On the Highest Good - from Cicero's "On Ends"
- Velleius On Divinity - from Cicero's "On The Nature of the Gods"
- On The Nature of Things - The Epicurean Poem by Lucretius
- Other Epicurean Fragments - From Ancient Texts
- Diogenes of Oinoanda - Inscription on the wall of Oinoanda
- Lucian - Epicurean-themed Works by Lucian of Samosata ("Alexander" and "Hermotimus")
- Other Ancient Epicureans - Writings By Other Ancient Epicureans
- Other Ancient Sources
- Later Epicurean Writers
This website is a project of www.NewEpicurean.com.