Yes, Determinists, There Is Free Will: You make choices even if your atoms don’t.

• It’s refreshing to see that he employs polyvalent logic. One option does not always exclude others, as this is most descriptive of reality I think. Many people think free will must be rational, but humans are not usually rational, we are natural.

I observe that: When I drink too much caffeine and I get the jitters I have less control, but then I choose to remove that ingredient and I’m freer.

When we experience he flight or fight instinct we may be acting out pure animal nature unconsciously. But most of the time we are NOT in that state.

My brother is an alcoholic and feels completely powerless to stop drinking. Addictions of all kinds are physical conditions that impair free will. This demonstrates that, like bodily organs, mental faculties can suffer from illnesses that impede their function. But in their normal, health state, these functions exhibit free (and often rational) choice making.

Then we have Epicurus scroll on moral development where he emphasized habituation, the idea being that we nurture new behaviors to the point that they become subconscious. Are we less free once we have become habituated? Are we only free when we make the conscious change— and not after? Freedom means something particular for creatures of habit.

"Please always remember my doctrines!" - Epicurus' last words