Epicurean Music- Classical

• Yes, the music ha words. And we in Senigallia are planning to play a part of them this august. I'll let you know.
    And, yes, we'll record it. :-)

• Excellent! Michele do the words touch on the philosophical details or are they sort of general "odes to joy"?

Are the words for both works available somewhere that we can take a look at?

• I see I have failed to add to this thread my collection of excerpts of the particularly relevant sections of Wagner's Tannhauser. If you're not familiar with it, there's a lot more going on than this, but the main story line is about a character who falls in with Venus/Pleasure and struggles with whether to stay with her or abandon her for virtue. The story features a "singing contest" in which the issues of pleasure vs virtue are debated. The words of the dialogues are in my view surprisingly pro-Venus/Pleasure.

I have two clips - this first one is a "best of Defense of Pleasure" which focuses on the key defense of Venus /Pleasure arguments (and more up-tempo music):

And in enjoyment alone do I recognize love!

This second is significantly longer and contains most of the dialogue that sets up the background issues of the conflict with Pleasure/Venus:

• Excellent! Michele do the words touch on the philosophical details or are they sort of general "odes to joy"?

Are the words for both works available somewhere that we can take a look at?

We are still looking for them. I'll let you know.