Scheduling of EpicureanFriends Open Discussion

• This thread will be used to schedule and comment on setting up EpicureanFriends Open Discussion sessions.

I write this after having edited the second episode of the Lucretius podcast. It strikes me that it is extremely helpful to be going through that from the beginning, rather than going straight to the Principal Doctrines or any other fragments, because it grounds us in the basics first.

For that reason I've revised the "prospectus" for what we would do in this project, both the online meeting and the open discussion, to say that rather than starting with the Principal Doctrines and Vatican Sayings that we go first through the Letter to Herodotus, Epicurus' most basic letter, and then after that move to the PDs and VSs.

Of course we can cite them as relevant during the discussion of the letter to Herodotus too, but by sticking with the letter we get Epicurus' most basic advice at the beginning.

• Cassius

Changed the title of the thread from “Scheduling of Sunday Online Meeting” to “Scheduling of EpicureanFriends Open Discussion”.